Exams ended less than a week ago, but it feels like it has been forever since I've been free! Guess it's a perfect opportunity for me to start afresh with this dying blog, and since its holidays (guilt was not hurt during the revamping of this blog), and I've given up studying there's not much else to do.Anyway, I've got an ongoing project to keep me busy during the holidays. Restoring a car! "That's awesome", I hear you say. Indeed. I'm gonna be restoring a 1978 Toyota Corolla KE 30. Old Skool yo! Here are some pics prior to restoration:

The engine is like one of those
old skool ones with an exposed fan. Pukka.

So, I was thinking of several paint jobs for the car after the restorer does his thing. I've narrowed it down to 4 possible finishes that would match the car:
- Cream with Black racing stripes
- Lava Orange with Grey racing stripes
- Smoked Silver with Black racing stripes
- Black with White racing stripes
The cream seems to be my favourite though. It will help reduce heat build up in the sun too, as a bonus. Vote for your favourite combinations in the poll please!
I did my research and there is this guy in Brunei who did the same restoration. His was well thorough though. Check out http://www.ke30.wordpress.com if you're interested.
Time to go do more research! Cheers...=)

No comments:
Post a Comment