Thursday, June 19, 2008

SPAM.

No, not this kind.

More like it.

Definitions of spam on the Web: 
  • is an inappropriate attempt to use email, or another networked communications facility by sending the same message to numerous people who didn't ask for it.
Hotlink sucks. They keep sending me these stupid promotional messages, I didn't ask for. Everyday. In Malay. WTF! It's so annoying because everytime I get one of their messages, my phone plays 3 minutes+ worth of good Coldplay music. These messages don't deserve that privilege! And say I get on average 3 messages a day, thats almost 10 minutes of music being played on my phone, for nothing.

I tried ringing Hotlink and told them to stop spamming me, but they can't stop spamming because the messages are automated. It would be greatly appreciated if they could shoot the message machine with a .50 caliber heavy machine gun. I found this clause on Maxis' site:

Maxis’ Do Not Disturb Campaign 
As a Maxis and Hotlink customer, your privacy is priority to us. 
We recently embarked on a 
Do Not Disturb anti-spam campaign to keep you safe from becoming a target for spammers.

We have installed a robust Anti-Spam Platform. This security feature works as a firewall that blocks out Spam SMS based on keyword identification. Each complaint from a customer will be investigated, and based on the findings, the keywords of the Spam SMS will be blocked from reaching our customers’ phones in the future.

We hope you will continue to provide us with information to help us keep our services spam-free. 


WHAT THE HELL.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger